My New 1975 Devon Eurovette. Full resto.

Discussion in 'Restorations' started by carlperkins001, Nov 24, 2012.

  1. Looks brilliant! I'm desperate to get mine on the road so will probably do engine an tinware next winter but it looks great fella! Well done K+
     
  2. Looking great dude
    What silver paint did you use on the alloy parts?
     
  3. Its called firecote vht paint (i think) im going to do the block too when i get to it so there wont be a colour difference.

    Just waiting for the powdercoaters to open on the 3rd so i can get my tinware done.
    The flathead tinware screws were a right pain to remove so i got some nice shiny socket head screws to go in, should look really nice against gloss black.
     
  4. another saturday update. i went out this morning so was only working on the bus from about 10- 3pm.

    first up I did abit of welding to finish off the B post. then had to repair a few small holes in the sliding door track.
    also welded shut about 30 holes that were drilled into the cargo floor by the previous owner.

    then I thought id swap back to the engine... because i had a headache and the grinder was loud.

    [​IMG]

    oil cooler on with new seals
    [​IMG]

    wanted to see what it would look like..
    [​IMG]

    new rockers on
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
     
    stumpy77 likes this.
  5. Thats a nice clean engine. :)
     
  6. Thats looking very nice dude
     
  7. Coming along nicely, well done fella :thumbsup:
     
  8. Good work, looks nice.
     
  9. MorkC68

    MorkC68 Moderator

    well done Carl, your attention to detail is great - hats off to ya for persevering!
     
  10. very nice looking engine 8)
     
  11. this weekends update...

    feel like i have got quite a bit done this saturday! first off i did a powdercoaters run.

    complete engine tinware set (gloss black)
    bunk poles x 2 (gloss white)
    bunk brackets x 4 (gloss white)
    bunk fixings x 3 (gloss white)
    side belly pans x 2 (gloss black)
    2 bumpers and a side cover for blasting only

    all in for £150 and will be done next friday.

    then I thought i'd paint the alternator back plate thing and clean up all the other bits. still need to clean the dog house fan.

    took delivery of some engine electricals the other day, and got some chrome back..

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    then, seeing as everytime i go to work on the bus i have to move the sliding door out the way, i thought id start on that..

    got the klokkenholm inner and JK outer panels the other week...

    after a quick look over the door, stripping the paint/filler from the bottom (which there was a lot of)
    I found that the door actually wasnt so bad!

    i dont know why, as RHD sliders have a tendancy to rot away.. and this door seems to be the original with the original paint on under the maroon red colour.

    so i decided that instead of putting the crappy klokkenholm metal in, id keep as much original as possible.

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    nice liberal coat of zinc 182 to protect against rust.

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    theres still a little fettling to do with it before its finished, but im very happy!

    seeing as 6 months ago when i took on the project I had never touched a welder.. I think this is pretty neat and solid.

    :D
     
  12. There wasn't much rot in the bottom of that sliding door was there?
    Mines gone 3" up the inside and its has 9" panel on the outside before i bought it. :(
     
  13.  
  14. Had the same with the castle nuts on my van too mate ended up cutting very close to the threads then hitting it with a hammer and chisel till they were free .
    Great work so far mate the engine looks spot on
     
  15.  
  16. dog

    dog Tea Boy

    looking really good buddy!
     
  17. another weekend with not much progress..

    my focus sprang a leak and overheated so was trying to fix that mostly..

    but.. took the cylinder heads off.. found out one was cracked, bought a new one, got new valves coming too with some other bits and bobs.
    new pushrod tubes painted up and ready to go in.
    thats as far as i got really with the engine.

    then went to pick up my latest batch of powdercoat.

    bumpers and side cover are powder primed. similar finish to the JK exclusive parts. ready for a little filler and paint.
    [​IMG]

    bunk brackets look new
    [​IMG]

    home made devon brackets. (one of the small hooks is original)
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    a few before's

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
     
  18. small update. most of my day was spent taking the pop top apart. didnt take any pictures, pretty boring stuff.

    also put some stuff back on the engine. sat the fan housing on to see what it looks like.. and to get it out the way.
    [​IMG]

    also got a new imported fuel tank as mine had holes in. I wanted to give it a quick rough up with sandpaper then quick spray. but got abit OCD. the PO had put loads of runs in the paint so i got most of them out.

    [​IMG]

    followed by some etch primer

    [​IMG]

    flatted down and primed..

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    The topcoat will have to wait till tomorrow, not sure whether to go black or silver. :/
     
    paradox likes this.
  19. The engine and tank are looking great dude
     

Share This Page