My New 1975 Devon Eurovette. Full resto.

Discussion in 'Restorations' started by carlperkins001, Nov 24, 2012.

  1. WD40 is a Water Dispersant, it’s not too bad a keeping your hands soft as well but it’s useless as a penetrating oil.

    A slogging spanner and sledge hammer will get the nuts off; it’s the shock that does it. All you do with a socket and a long pole is gradually increase the torque until the wheel spins. I didn’t have the brakes fitted last time I removed mine, I just stuck a bit of wood in front of the tyre.
     
  2. not much of an update, but this is all I have from this weekend...
    i had cut out the old NS sill about a week ago, got new OEM sills courtesy of Burntout.

    replaced the NS sill, put everything back together, not fully welded in yet and its a little rough round the edges.
    got new B post repair section, chassis repair section, front jacking points, belly pans etc etc.

    sorry for the lack of decent pics, I work and keep forgetting to take pictures.

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    refurb'd the sliding door mech too
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    new bits
    [​IMG]

    and got some powdercoating done..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    thats pretty much it, bit of a poor update but hey-ho.

    next weekend im hoping to get the chassis section repaired, front jacking point on, b post repaired and new outer sill on.
     
  3. Keep up the good work, your cracking through it ;)
    K+
     
  4. Awesome mate, nice one :D
     
  5.  
  6. all those freshly powder coated bits look nice :) .....bet you can wait to start fitting them!
     
  7.  
  8. dog

    dog Tea Boy

    nice work there buddy, keep it up, nice to see another bus being put back on the norfolk roads!
     
  9. the dash top looks good, Im going to take mine and my engine bay head lining to be powder coated tomorrow :)
     
  10. a little update from this saturday, not a great deal of work done, its getting too cold and dark lately.
    Apologies for the lack of pics!

    basically I got the outer sill back on, and the new front NS jacking point tacked on. started on the b post, but the JK b post repair panel is too wide :s so it took some fettling, and needs some more fettling next saturday.

    [​IMG]


    then i turned my attention to the rear hub nut.
    as some may remember i obliterated my hub nut in attempts to get it off, managed to score a blowtorch from a friends dad, and with a bit of heat it came straight off. new one went on in the mean time so I dont mis-place it.

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    I then took my newly acquired bunks apart, ready for powder coating or painting.

    and started making the bunk brackets...

    I also took a deliver of some new OEM dash vents and decided to stick them on.
    then when i got too cold I came in and decided to clean up my parts and organise them in my wardrobes.

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    Tomorrow im meeting with a local v-dubber whos trading me a full set of door cards for my sliding door mech parts.
    then I'm going to try finish the bunk brackets.
     
  11. Well done for sorting the nut out.
    Interesting use of the wardrobes, I tend to hang clothes in mine. :)
     
  12. It's looking good - and you're very organised with your wardrobes! :)
     
  13. Looks like you'll be doing a thorough job.......... :)
    But I fear as the job goes on, you may need a bigger wardrobe!!!! ;)
    Nice job on the dash...........
     
  14. MorkC68

    MorkC68 Moderator

    Looking good Carl - the dash looks superb!
     
  15. another little update. I wasn't planning on doing anything today as I don't normally work on the bus on Sundays (neighbours complain)

    So I thought I would pull the engine from the back of the garage and see whats what..

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    stripped it down some..

    [​IMG]

    I have hundreds more engine pics but photobucket is slow, and i guess you guys have seen them all before.

    Also met up with a local guy who traded me a full set of brand new door cards for the spare sliding door mech parts I had.

    [​IMG]

    oh and i'm missing this bit of tin ware. anyone got one spare? or know where i can buy it?

    [​IMG]
     
  16. Nice work on getting the bolt on bits done first, think I'm going to be the opposite with having a painted bus, but very few bits ready to go back on!
     
  17.  
  18. great progress :)

    .....my house is also full of parts waiting to fit .....much to the annoyance of my Mrs ;D
     
  19. little update, didnt get alot of work done on the bus this weekend.
    I got the NS belly pan pretty much ready to go on, took a few hours of grinding the old scrap off. (no pictures, cutting off stuff isnt too interesting)
    then I carried on welding the front NS jacking point on but ran out of welding gas.

    so then i turned back to tarting up the engine..

    managed to unblock this with some clutch cable
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    and this..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    removed and cleaned the old doghouse cooler mount. then fitted a new one. (the old one was leaky and damaged)
    [​IMG]

    also took a few deliveries...

    [​IMG]

    new silicon boots..
    [​IMG]
     

Share This Page