Normally I'm restoring tractors and vintage agricultural equipment from the 1940's onwards, now for something completely different. I've seen plenty of photos of rust and the like on T2's, but so far nothing as bad as the wreck I've managed to get. I collected this just before Christmas 2017 as my other half has always fancied one and seeing as she puts up with the tractors and I like a good project I thought what the heck. It came with loads of history and receipts dating back to the 90's. I've had a couple months of welding and general metal bashing on it, but below is as collected and my initial poking around it. I will update with progress over the next couple weeks until it's up to date with where I am at the moment. Oh and I do like a challenge, but what is the point where it's considered too far gone? On arrival, it does look sorry for itself. The bumper fell off then the battery fell out, sideways,,,,, I was able to pull the rear side window out with my hands, complete with rubber, rust and filler. No tools needed. The leaking rear side window resulted in the floor rusting away above the engine. The sliding doors were rotted away completely at the top, no frame left, just the window. The bottom had been re-skinned at some point but without repairing the inner fame, so the skin was just floating. Then the leaking windows had allowed water into the joint of the new skin and that had rusted away from the original door to leave a hole. The engine blew a sparkplug out the RH cylinder head. When I took the cylinder head off it was cracked between the two valves and the spark plug hole, plus the spark plug hole had previously had a thread insert fitted that had failed / stripped. I needed this vehicle mobile for the next few months or so, so a temporary fix was required. I mounted the head in the mill and drilled a 16mm hole right through where the sparkplugs had been then made two top hat shaped bungs from aluminium pressed these into the head from outside in, tig welded it into place on the inside, and re-drilled and tapped the 14mm sparkplug holes. No more compression loss and the engine actually sounds sweet for this big botch. Requires deep reach sparkplugs now. New heads and cylinders to be ordered when I'm ready to tackle the engine properly. The front panel is held on with body filler, the front floor is rusted through everywhere and the panel it joins to is also rusted so the whole thing flexes. Needless to say both front doors are shot, both skin and frames gone at the bottom And there we have it, much fun ahead.