Discussion in 'Show Us Your Ride' started by gninnam, Oct 20, 2013.
Thanks. Will get there one day (I bloody hope.......)
Managed to get the fan housing seated properly now and connected up to the thermostat rod so now screwed down
Trying to get the fan off the dynamo so I can start to put the alternator together.
Will start to install the inlet manifolds next then onwards and upwards
A few more bits added.
The carb manifold (and the carb loosely put on).
Woodruff key was missing for the fitment at the end of the dynamo so made one:
All ready now.
And it failed when I used brute force to get the nut off
Should I just weld on the end the pulley as the dynamo is very noisy?
If your Dynamo is noisy then there’s a problem with it
Might be worth upgrading to an alternator
I have already bought an alternator so the plan is to ditch it.
Question is is it worth something or not (if not then I can weld a nut onto the end of it to use to help get the big nut off at the fan end!!)
I doubt a knackered dynamo will be worth much fella.
Thanks - will weld it up then !
Epic fail - weld a nut to the end and with help from my son we managed to just snap the threaded end off of the dynamo.
Will take it to a garage to see if they can help........
Remembered that I hadn’t tackled the fire board (in my case metal) that goes above the engine and connects to the bottom of the rear deck..
It had been cut by the PO as the carburetor they had used was none standard and was too tall so the last few days I have been cleaning them up - will fabricate some new metal, weld it in and then put them back before the engine goes in.
Hope to get them fit for purpose this week.
Made up an edge piece using some scrap metal (having squared off the area removed first)
Added some more metal to bridge the gap.
Just need to tidy everything up then can weld the new metal in.
Not sure whether to bother putting in some holes…..
Try and make the parts for the other piece to fill the cut tomorrow.
First part welded on and the welds ground down.
Doesn’t have to be too neat as it will be difficult to see so just some paint and all good.
Fitted the fire retardant stuff and the metal bits today
All good fun
Got the fan off the old dynamo and connected to the new alternator. Mounted to fan shroud and all mounted to the rest of the engine.
Look at fitting some more of the tinware this week.
Carb loosely on:
Can anyone lend me the tool to remove the oil filler neck off of the old dynamo stand??
Rear tinware on and also the fan pulley.
Seems to be very high on the right hand side so that the hole seems to be well above the pipe for the heat box…….
Thoughts or nothing to worry about?
Fitted the anti-roll bar today.
Also fitted the engine hangers to the chassis but no pics (sorry)
You've got a nick in one of your ball joint boots
Poo - you are right
Last day of June - where has the last 6 months gone…………
Finished off putting the steering bits together.
First up the donut betwixt steering column and steering box.
Connected the drag link up at either end:
Just need to find the nut that keeps the pitman arm on the steering box and some pins then all done - just can’t find the nut at the moment……
Bought a tool to remove the nut that holds the oil spout to the dynamo stand:
And…… all it did was chip away at the metal on the nut so will not budge:
Had my son pushing down as I twisted but no go - so looks like more money will need to be spent!!
Painted the cargo area floor ready to put some sound proof stuff on then will shove the interior back in:
Tidied up the gear stick and associated bits and also the clutch and brake pedal.
No pics but will show later on
There’s another type of tool available that doesn’t rely on those slots to undo the nut fella.
Separate names with a comma.