Started a resto and thread over 3 years ago on Nell our 76 Bay but ended up going to NZ for a while a couple of years ago and started a new job last year so things got pushed to one side for a while but now I have regained control of the garage, and grown a pair back on, things are about to start again! When we got back I noticed there had been a little issue and most of the threads were missing but I'd kept some of the stuff from ours in a word document so should be able to cut / paste in here Noticed a few of the names I was at the same stage as (ish) have made great progress so this should act as a great motivator for me (Diddymen - still haven't got the back arch on but it looks very good held there with magnets!) “Hi all I’ve been meaning to start a thread for sometime to show progress with our 76 Bay Bus, Nell, but as there hadn’t been much activity until recently it didn’t seem worth putting things in like “lapped another valve in this week” and I’m also hoping this will spur me on a bit too having seen all the great work carried out by others! We bought Nell from a guy who was moving back to France and the deal was agreed the week he was due to leave but, as we couldn’t pick her up until the weekend after he left, we were trusting his brother-in-law to handle things and he turned out to be a solid guy despite saying he hated old campers and we were mad to buy her The cash was handed over and we started the 60 mile return trip noticing the fuel gauge hadn’t moved from empty so we hoped we’d make the nearest garage, however, the engine was popping and lacking power, despite ticking over really well when we fired her up first thing, so I was hoping it was just an aircooled thing and all would be well once warm A mile out of the village we’d picked her up from, Nell wheezed to a stop so we set off in the Audi to the nearest garage for a gallon of petrol but, sadly, this didn’t seem to make things any better so we limped back to original owners house and spent the next couple of hours trying to sort the engine out but had no luck with this either The engine was popping back through the LH carb and there was little difference to the engine at tick over when No 3 plug lead was disconnected so I swapped a couple of plugs over, which made no difference, and checked the valve clearances which we a little slack but, again, made no difference when adjusted Long story short, we phoned the guy in France, explained the situation and were tempted to walk away from the deal, and have our money back, as something had clearly happened between our viewing and picking her up but, she kind of got under our skin already so we negotiated a deal around a worst case scenario of an engine rebuild I returned the following week, limped her around the corner to the village pub and took advantage of my breakdown cover to get her home and was delighted she managed to just fit under the garage door where she’s been ever since Engine was compression tested and No 3 was down on dry and wet tests so I took it out to rebuild then cracked a rib in a barbeque related football match a week later, which put me out of action for a while, but then found a recon type 4 engine on e-bay which I’m just about finished rebuilding after checking the valves etc We were also slightly distracted by doing an interior refurb on our T25, Basil, so we could go off to Devon in the summer and this took over a month but, no more excuses, Nell is the focus and I hope to be able to update without the preamble next time Mr B” The "breakdown" Getting home A couple of quick little jobs and she'll be on the road in no time!!!!