Mushroom [emoji265] Help !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SeanOC, Sep 14, 2021.

  1. Hi
    My dog just ate one of these and the wife is having a panic over it. Anyone know what they are and if they’re poisonous?
    [​IMG]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
  2. Looks like some kind of Bolete. What’s the underside look like? Gills or pores?
     
  3. Could you download a plant identifier App? Would that help?
     
  4. Tbh the really bad ones, Death Caps and Destroying Angel, it looks like neither of those to me. If in doubt pick it and take it, and your dog, to a vet.
     
    Huyrob, nicktuft, F_Pantos and 3 others like this.
  5. PIE

    PIE

    A couple of years ago one of my dogs ate some toadstools while she was out walking around a stubble field, I know cos she yacked some up, died in the car on the way to the vet!! They were white/greyish and stank horrible.
     
    SeanOC likes this.
  6. Any news?? :(
     
  7. Well, 5hrs later and he seems fine.
    Thanks for asking @scrooge95
    I check and couldn’t find a vet locally, or identify the toadstool, and by the it was 3+ hrs on and he was running about happily so presumably they weren’t poisonous.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
    ginger ninja, F_Pantos, Lasty and 5 others like this.
  8. Looks dodgy to me. Don't recognise it by the colour. Rule of thumb is if you don't know it do not ingest .

    Glad all well. Edit.
     
    SeanOC likes this.
  9. Glad he seems okay. Phew! I'm sure I don't need to say to keep a really good eye on him for a day or two though, he's only a small fella if I remember :thumbsup:
     
    SeanOC likes this.
  10. Good old Rory...:thumbsup:
     
  11. Looks like one of my son's GoGo figures.
     
    SeanOC likes this.