Sealey VS820 - Brake Bleeder

Discussion in 'Mech Tech' started by Dave Le Van, Aug 14, 2019.

  1. Looks very similar method to the Gunson one I use. Might just have to buy a separate cap to fit the bay reservoir. Only thing I would caution on is not to use too much pressure, particularly if still the original reservoir. Split reservoir with large amount of fluid under pressure makes a lot of mess!
    Happystamps2 likes this.
  2. Was going to say Gunson Easybleed at £20 mark.....or rubber tubing with a one way valve and a jam jar.
  3. Dave Le Van likes this.
  4. I’ve never had much luck or seen anyone else have any with any of these pressure type kits.

    A bit of tube and a jam jar or if your on your own a bit of pipe with a one way value works.

    I saw even the F1 teams use a bit of pipe and jar with someone sat in the seat saying up/down
    andyv, Faust and art b like this.

  5. Yup I use a plastic water bottle..
    With a piece of tube
    Make the tube go uphill to the bottle.
    .then air won't get drawn back in,

    drill a hole in the cap to hold the tube..
  6. Couldn't agree more, there not worth the faff
  7. I’ve got a gunson one and it’s great and easy too.

    Ozziedog,,,,,,,,dare to be different :)
    77 Westy likes this.
  8. I've got a Gunson one, but it's basically a bit of rubber tube and a plastic jam jar...on a plus note, it's 20+ years old and the rubbers still fine !

  9. No , not that rubber pipe and jam jar thingy, I got a Gunson <<<see capital G with the pressure thing so you don’t have to climb that mountain whilst pumping that pedal.

    Ozziedog,,,,,,,, serious pumping no gee:)
    snotty likes this.
  10. Puuuump every peedal...
    Ozziedog likes this.
  11. Thanks Mr Snotty, great idea - got one (cap that is) from GSF for £3.36 delivered with 60% off using hey60
    snotty likes this.
  12. Here's my lash-up. Seems to hold pressure. Note use of tap washers :). Only thing that may be a problem is the right-angle connector - it's pretty close to the metalwork if your reservoir is under the seat. Can get a straight one from Sealy, tho'

    a bleed adaptor 1 6s.jpg

    a bleed adaptor 2 6s.jpg

Share This Page