Dear all, Months after my thread that our beloved "late Bay" Westy camper had suffered a massive engine failure, I thought I'd open a new thread to say the engine rebuild was completed successfully and the van is back on the road In the end, we commissioned a local alleged specialist to do the job and well, it worked. He procured all the spares, put the whole thing together and the result is great: the engine sounds smooth and pulls really well and he did the job for the price agreed beforehand: 3150 € grand total i.e. bits + workmanship + tax. Which to us it's a lot of money, but we now have a new engine pretty much. I'm not familiar with terminology in English, but all the top end is new including cylinders, pistons, heads, valve trains, valves, etc. All that's been kept is the bottom end, i.e. block, crankshaft, rods, etc. I wanted to say big thanks to you all, as the advice received in the thread I opened for this was invaluable. One of many lessons learnt is we really want to install some indication of temperature, probably a head temp probe and/or an oil temp probe. I plan to look into that before the Spanish summer hits. Anyway, here's a family picture we took in our first trip with the rebuilt engine (a trial trip, not too fast, not too far) Thanks!!