75 cookin camper

Discussion in 'Show Us Your Ride' started by grandmst, Feb 4, 2017.

  1. The original cage straightened out would be better than the new EMPI – just use the urethane bushes in the old cage.
     
  2. Today's little job turned into 5 hours.

    Rear drums from GSF got then for £43 at 60% off, issue with them hitting the backing plate, had to get the grinder out to take off a few mm from the back.

    After some swearing a tweaking of the handbrake bar thing that holds the shoes they are on.

    Alot smoother rolling now and handbrake is on 3 clicks of the bar. Winner

    Nearly ready for Stanford hall next weekend. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
     
  3. Hopefully all ready for Stanford hall [​IMG]

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
     
    gninnam likes this.
  4. First time at Stanford hall good 220 mile round trip, ace show the amount of cars was unbelievable.

    Note to self drive the bus more. [​IMG][​IMG]
     
    gninnam, pkrboo and taiga79 like this.
  5. Productive day doing the flooring.

    Laid insulation foil underneath then 9mm hardwood, followed by the old flooring I took out before it went in for its restoration.

    18mm MDF for the bench, which in currently waiting to dry after painting.

    All in all £78 spent.

    I used stikaflex for the insulation and moulded it to the groves in the floor.

    Hardwood sub floor is a very tight fit as I wasn't to keen on screwing it down.

    More stikaflex followed to stick the laminate on top.

    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
     
    gninnam likes this.
  6. Ow I nearly forgot I drew loads of cocks on the sub floor. [​IMG][​IMG]
     
    nobayinhell, paradox and pkrboo like this.
  7. Finally got round to sorting the fuel breather pipe, got sick of the smell of fuel who'd of thought.

    Waiting on a female BSP nut to secure the elbow In the carb and a few clips. But hopefully no stinky petrol smell. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  8. Camper jam was an eventful trip, 116 miles each way on the way down the front offside caliper binded on, managed to find a little spot to inspect, looks like it hadn't been working correctly for some time.

    It's was the one part I haven't got round to servicing / replacing due to funds, so it's just typical.

    After initial inspection the caliper was not fixable at the roadside so I removed the brake pads and used some mole grips and zip ties to stem the flow to the caliper, worked great and got my the rest of the way.

    Couldn't find any calipers at camper jam so had to nip to GSF Wolverhampton, luckily they had calipers in stock, £173 later which included two new calipers and pads.

    Fixed at the show on Saturday before an awesome rest of the weekend and ready for the 116 miles back home.

    Great weekend all round. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
     
    pkrboo and gninnam like this.

Share This Page